New features in ProphetX v3.12 include:
Statistics Line Study Tool: calculates the Mean, Min, Max, 4 different Standard Deviations, Price Difference (actual & percentage), and Time Span between any two points on a chart.
Notes: on a chart, attach a note to record an event. There are five classifications of Notes:
- News: specific News Headline.
- Alert: an automatically generated News Headline alert.
- Buy: indicates the purchase of a stock or commodity. Although initially set manually, this will eventually be part of our Order Execution functionality.
- Sell: indicates the selling of a stock or commodity.
- Text: user-supplied text that does not fall into one of the other categories.
Quote List: a new type of Quote Window that shows individual quotes in various views such as Market Depth, Futures, Equities, News, and others.
Other Enhancements in ProphetX v3.12 include:
- Focus List: insert a user defined divider, select multiple symbols from the Focus List.
- Quote Window: display the Instrument’s Description in place of the Symbol, select multiple instruments icon.
- Drawing tools now stay on until user selects to exit with the ESC key.
- Chaikin Money Flow Study: measures the amount of money flow volume over a specific period.
- Extended Ichimoku Cloud study shows 26 periods into the future
- Forward Curves: MRD (Most Recent Day) now reflects the current day's trading activity, show Forward Curve X Days ago.
- Retain Filter on a Chart/Tabular when clicking on symbol in a linked Window.
Quote Sheets: Dormant Indicator will be displayed when a symbol becomes Dormant (has not traded in the last X days).
DDE: most of the Technical Studies can now be linked to a spreadsheet.
New Installation Process: use of industry standard MSI files for silent install.
Context Menu Bar: if turned off, will automatically pop up when hovering over the bottom of the window.
Upgraded Sample Workbooks: included in the installation of ProphetX, but can also be downloaded from: http://www.dtn.com/trading/documentation.cfm
I will review the main features in follow-up posts.